Auto Accident Attorneys Dallas
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Texas Auto Accident
Do you know what to do immediately after an auto wreck in Dallas? If you have been in an accident in Dallas, Fort Worth, or anywhere in the State of Texas the first thing you should do is contact Tate Law Offices for a free case evaluation. One of our experienced Dallas Auto Accident attorneys will personally guide you through the entire legal process so you can avoid any unnecessary legal complications. At Tate Law Offices we understand that a car wreck can be an overwhelming and difficult time in your life. We give each of our clients the personal dedication and commitment they deserve after a traumatic Texas car accident.
In addition to contacting a skilled and knowledgeable Dallas auto accident attorney at Tate Law Offices, it is important to know some basic information on Texas car wrecks and your legal rights. In particular, the section of our website entitled “What to Do Immediately after a Wreck”, will give you some quick and important information that will protect your legal rights and add value to the claim you will be making against the at-fault driver or drivers and insurance company.
After a Texas Auto Wreck, Should You Call the Insurance Company?
You might think that you should call the insurance companies (yours and that of the other side) yourself, but nothing is farther from the truth. Insurance companies work very hard to deny settlement payments or pay minimum amounts of money for accidents. In addition, insurance companies may record your phone call and use portions of what you say to attempt to deny you compensation. We take care of all insurance company communications for our clients so their statements cannot be taken out of context and used against them.
How Tate Law Offices Will Help You
Our experienced and caring team of Dallas auto accident and personal injury attorneys can help you put your life back together again after a Texas auto accident. Our lawyers will:
- Contact all insurance companies on your behalf and set up all claims
- Help you obtain quick and effective medical treatment for your injuries
- Compile the evidence needed to prove your case
- Help get your car repaired or replaced
- Help get you into a rental car
- Fight for a top dollar settlement for your injury claim
- File a lawsuit if necessary
With law offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and Sherman, Texas, we represent clients who are involved in auto accidents both in the state of Texas and across the nation. We have filed claims and lawsuits for virtually every type of injury accident imaginable, and we understand the details and nuances of the law as it pertains to Texas auto accident injuries and representing our clients.
Understanding Injuries Caused from Texas Auto Accidents
Regardless of what types of vehicles are involved in a Texas auto wreck (car, truck, SUV), a crash directs vast amounts of energy through the automobile and into the occupants’ bodies. This energy can cause a variety of bodily injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Soft tissue injuries (such as tendon tears)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- And more
Our attorneys work hard not only to maximize your case value, but also to make sure your rights as the accident victim are protected both now and in the future.
There are many factors that affect the severity of auto accidents, including:
- Weight—in collisions between heavier and lighter vehicles, the heavier vehicle typically causes more damage to the lighter vehicle.
- Speed—speed also plays a role in determining damages, as the vehicle traveling at the faster speed usually causes greater damage to the slower traveling vehicle.
- Location—the location of the impact is also important. For example, the hard steel front bumper of a heavy SUV or truck can easily crash through the side of a car in a T-bone (side impact) wreck and cause severe injury to the driver of the car. In rear-end or frontal crashes, if the higher bumper of an SUV or truck does not meet evenly with a smaller auto’s bumper, then the SUV or truck frequently comes over the trunk or hood of the car, causing severe injury. Even in cases when the bumpers do match up, major injury can still occur due to the force of impact of the collision.
Types of Automobile Accidents
In general, there are five types of Auto Accidents:
- Rear End Accidents—by far the most common type of car wreck in Texas. The victims of rear end collisions may experience severe head, back, neck, and knee injuries.
- Side Impact Accidents—also known as T-Bone collisions, these occur most frequently at intersections. Driver distraction is one of the leading causes of these Texas auto accidents and can lead to serious traumatic brain injuries, soft tissue injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Head-On Accidents—also known as frontal collisions, these are the most deadly car wrecks and occur most frequently when one driver crosses over the center line into oncoming traffic. Texting while driving and using a cell phone are unfortunately increasing the likelihood of these deadly accidents.
- Rollover Accidents—these accidents commonly occur to trucks and SUV’s with a higher center of gravity. Defective tires, overloading truck beds, and excessive speed can all contribute to these serious and often fatal accidents.
- Single Car Crashes—these Texas car crashes can occur for many reasons, including driver distraction, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, severe weather, improper roadway maintenance, and defective tires or parts.
Regardless of the type of wreck you were involved in we will do everything we can to insure your interests are protected. YOUR INTERESTS are our primary concern – period.
If you have been injured in a car wreck in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Sherman, or anywhere in the State of Texas, contact the experienced Texas auto accident lawyers at Tate Law Offices for a FREE CONSULTATION. Call us at 888-223-3461 today to speak with one of our knowledgeable accident injury attorneys. We look forward to working for you.