The Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently reported that the Fort Worth Safe Communities Collaborative ranked the intersections where the most accidents have happened during the past year based on crash data from MedStar 911 calls. The top five intersections were:
5. Interstate 35W (I-35W or Northwest Freeway) and Meacham Boulevard — 69 crashes
4. East Lancaster Avenue and South Sargent Street — 70 ambulance calls
3. Interstate 20 (I-20) and McCart Avenue — 77 accidents
2. Texas State Highway 183 (Texas 183 or SH 183) and Texas State Highway 360 (Texas 360 or SH 360) — 107 crashes
1. Riverside Drive and East Lancaster Avenue — 126 accidents
The reasons for crashes at these intersections can vary, but most accidents are caused by some kind of driver negligence. For example, the Star-Telegram noted that I-20 is very wide with five lanes, but many vehicles are simply traveling too fast.
If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, the experienced Fort Worth car accident attorneys at Tate Law Offices, P.C., are ready to help you seek the full and fair compensation you deserve. Because our firm is focused on protecting those in our community, we’ve provided the following information about the most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth, for your knowledge and safety.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Fort Worth
Only a few weeks before the Star-Telegram published that story, KXAS-TV reported that another study found six of the 10 most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth were on I-35W. One year later, the same study found seven of the 10 most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth were on I-35W.
According to the study, the 10 most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth in 2018 were:
- I-35W and 28th Street — 69 accidents
- I-35W and Western Center Boulevard — 63 accidents
- I-35W and Basswood Boulevard — 60 accidents
- I-35W and Everman Parkway — 45 accidents
- I-35W and Garden Acres Drive — 45 accidents
- Sycamore School Road and Crowley Road — 44 accidents
- Interstate 30 (I-30) and Beach Street — 43 accidents
- I-30 and Henderson Street — 43 accidents
- I-35W and Carver Avenue — 42 accidents
- I-35W and Crowley Road — 40 accidents
KXAS reported that the common element among these 10 sites was construction. Drivers were told to be aware of their surroundings and avoid distractions.
Common Types of Crashes at Intersections
Intersections are where vehicles pass in different directions, and most accidents are caused by driver negligence. Improper turns and failure to yield right of way are a common cause of crashes, but other collisions could be the result of speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or tailgating.
In a limited number of cases, a governmental entity could be liable for a car accident when a roadway was not properly maintained or designed in an unreasonably unsafe way. For example, failure to warn motorists about lanes that are closed because of construction or other forms of mismanagement or oversight that lead to dangerous crashes could make a governmental entity responsible.
How Can Tate Law Offices, P.C., Help Me?
If you suffered serious injuries in a motor vehicle accident in the greater Fort Worth area, you need to make sure you call an experienced personal injury lawyer. Tate Law Offices, P.C., has won more than 3,000 cases and has a 99% success rate.
Our firm handles personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not be required to pay us anything unless and until you receive a monetary award. Call us or contact us online now to schedule a free consultation.