$6.5 millionTruck & Motorcycle Accident Brain and Pelvis Injury
In-Pocket to Client
$3.7 millionCar Accident Fatality
In-Pocket to Client
$2.2 millionProduct Defect Burn Injury
In-Pocket to Client
$1.8 millionTruck Accident Spinal Injury
In-Pocket to Client
$1.5 millionPedestrian Accident Leg Injury
In-Pocket to Client
$350,000Car Accident Head Injury
In-Pocket to Client
$87,000Car Accident Back Injury
In-Pocket to Client
Fort Worth Car Wreck Lawyer
The attorneys at Tate Law Offices in Fort Worth can help if you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by another motorist. We understand the disruption and stress caused by car accident injuries and the unexpected expenses that follow.
Our skilled and experienced car accident attorneys have dedicated many years to helping car crash victims and their families get compensation they deserve and put their lives back in order.
Contact Your Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer
Call your local office or reach us online today to speak with an experienced:
- Texas car accident lawyer
- Dallas car accident lawyer
- Houston car accident lawyer
- Fort Worth car accident lawyer
You will get a free case evaluation, and you won’t owe us anything until we win your settlement.
Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Help You
The car accident lawyers of Tate Law Offices, P.C. can help you recover from an accident due to another’s negligence. We provide a variety of assistance to clients in the Fort Worth area, including:
- A free legal consultation to give you a clear understanding of whether you have a valid car wreck claim;
- Dealing all insurance companies on your behalf, including filing accident claims;
- Drafting a letter of representation to advise creditors of an anticipated legal claim so they will cease debt collection efforts;
- Fighting to obtain maximum insurance compensation for you;
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit for all compensation that you are due.
- Compiling evidence needed to show who is responsible for your car accident and what compensation you should receive.
- Hiring expert consultants, as necessary, in accident reconstruction, medical care, life-care planning, and financial planning to document your accident and injuries.
Referrals for Services
- Referrals to medical professionals in the Fort Worth area if you are not receiving appropriate care. We can also assist you if you do not have health insurance.
- We can help you schedule car repairs. We’ll arrange a rental car in the meantime to meet your transportation needs.
As a Tate Law Offices client, you will recognize the breadth of support our firm provides. We will make sure you are kept informed of our progress on your case.
We know your car accident claim is important to you, and it matters to us, too. Our clients’ welfare is a serious matter to us.
What is Compensation in a Car Accident Claim?
After a car accident, those who have been injured look to insurance to pay for medical bills, property damage, and other losses. If someone else caused the accident, they have a legal obligation to compensate the injured, typically through liability insurance policies.
The amount of money you recover may depend on the insurance coverage applicable to your accident and injuries.
Insurance coverage usually applied to car accident cases includes:
- Auto liability coverage – Auto liability insurance compensates others in crashes the policyholder causes. Drivers in Texas are required to maintain liability insurance with coverage of at least:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident.
It is possible that an at-fault driver has liability coverage beyond the minimum requirements or has an umbrella coverage policy that supplements their liability coverage.
- Uninsured / underinsured motorist (UM / UIM) coverage – This is optional insurance coverage in Texas that pays the policyholder. UM / UIM coverage applies if another driver causes a crash but lacks insurance or has too little coverage to fully cover your losses. It also covers hit-and-run accidents caused by drivers who fled the scene.
- Additional coverage – Depending on the circumstances of your accident, additional insurance coverage may be applied to your losses. For example, if the driver who caused the crash was driving as part of his or her job when the wreck happened, their employer’s business liability insurance or company vehicle insurance may also provide compensation. You may have additional coverage, such as collision or comprehensive coverage, personal injury protection (PIP) or health care coverage that may provide compensation to you.
As part of our accident investigation, we identify all insurance held by the parties involved, and determine how it may apply to your case.
Unfortunately, insurance companies will fight to pay out as little as possible. The skilled and experienced lawyers of Tate Law Offices will press insurers hard to pay the maximum amount available under policies they have issued.
How We Obtain Compensation in Ft Worth Car Wreck Cases
Our goal in a car accident case is to ensure that you have no outstanding debt from your accident, and that nothing associated with the accident threatens your future financial stability.
To meet this goal, we work to maximize the compensation we obtain in any car accident claim we file for you.
We Investigate Accidents
Typically, our first objective is to determine who is responsible for the accident and should be compelled to compensate you.
Our lawyers are experienced with car accident cases, including rear-end accidents, side-impact accidents, head-on collisions, rollovers and single-car crashes. In most cases, a second driver is at fault and may have been ticketed or arrested for causing the car accident. In other cases, our investigation reveals what happened and why.
The common causes of car accidents in the Fort Worth area include:
- Distracted driving – This includes texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, interacting with passengers, eating, or any activity that draws your focus from operating the vehicle.
- Drowsy driving – Many drivers drive without getting enough sleep. It’s a particular concern with long-distance truck drivers. Driving while fatigued can reduce a driver’s alertness and slow reaction times or put a driver in danger of fall asleep at the wheel.
- Impaired driving – Drunk driving is operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) beyond the legal limit of 0.08 percent for those age 21 and older, 0.04 percent for commercial drivers, or any detectable amount for underage drivers.
- Aggressive driving – Texas defines aggressive driving as speeding, driving too fast for conditions, passing on the right, tailgating, unsafe lane changes, improperly signaling lane changes, failing to obey traffic control devices, and other reckless driving behavior.
All of the above are dangerous behaviors and may be grounds for legal action if they led to your car accident. Sometimes there is more to an accident than the other driver’s careless driving. Other negligence that causes car accidents includes:
- Vehicle failure – A defective car part or component, such as tires, brakes, air bag, or ignition system can contribute to an accident. The crash may have been caused by a manufacturer that sold a faulty product it knew or should have known was dangerous.
- Dangerous road conditions – Roads allowed to fall into disrepair, highway work zones that are set up incorrectly, malfunctioning traffic signals, or other dangerous road conditions cause accidents, too. In such cases, the local government and/or its contractors may be held accountable.
We Document Costs and Losses
The costs of medical treatment for injuries you have suffered will be a significant factor in a car accident claim. Among the serious injuries we see in car crashes are:
- Fractures (broken arms, legs, ribs)
- Back injuries, including herniated discs
- Internal organ injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
All medical expenses caused by car accident injuries should be included in a claim, including costs of emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and ongoing care and assistance in cases of catastrophic injury.
We will document your injuries and prognosis for recovery, as well as your lost work time and other evidence of the impact the crash has had on your life.
In cases of disability, we consult medical and financial experts to calculate your future costs and losses. For example, lost income may include unrealized income that would have come from future wages, including anticipated raises and promotions; the value of fringe benefits; and losses due to your diminished earning capacity.
We Litigate Your Ft Worth Car Accident Claim
Our objective is to obtain the maximum compensation available to you as soon as possible. In most cases, we can negotiate a settlement based on the evidence we have gathered.
If an insurance company refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement, we can file a personal injury lawsuit to ask the court to order payment.
A personal injury lawsuit in Texas may seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past income losses and future loss due to diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and loss of spousal services
- Emotional distress.
If a lawsuit defendant was engaged in misconduct or willful conduct that caused an accident, it may be appropriate to seek punitive damages. Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and deter others from such behavior.
Please see our section on wrongful death and survival damages for information about compensation in fatal car accidents.
Resolving Your Case and Compensating You
Tate Law Offices does not charge legal fees or case costs until we have recovered compensation in a car accident case. Once we obtain a settlement or jury verdict in your favor, you will receive a payment check. Part of the overall settlement or award will be used to pay your outstanding medical bills and other accident-related expenses. Our fees and costs will be deducted from the check too, and the remainder goes in your pocket.
When we accept a case, we do so confident that we will recover enough money to make our client financially whole and pay our expenses.
Every case has unique facts that make it unlike any other. But review our Case Results for examples of the amounts of money our clients have taken home from claim payments after all their bills and legal expenses were paid.
Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident
For-profit insurance companies stay in business by paying out less for claims than they take in for insurance premiums. An insurance adjustor’s primary job is to protect their employer’s bottom line by paying as little as possible for your claim.
Here are five important steps to take after a car accident to protect your rights to seek compensation:
- Get medical care – If you have not been examined by a doctor, get care as soon as possible. Some injuries in car crashes are not immediately apparent. Seeing a doctor documents your injuries for a potential claim.
- Document your losses – Keep records of medical bills and receipts, including for medication, and any other records connected to your accident, injuries and costs. If you have your car, take photos of its damage. If it has been towed, let us know so we can help you to get photos.
- Get witness contact information – Write down names, phone numbers, and email addresses for anyone who saw the accident, including your passengers. Don’t rely on your memory for this information later.
- Stay away from insurance companies — You may have heard you should report an accident to your insurance company right away. Do not. Insurance companies often record phone calls to use what accident victims say to deny claims. Instead, let a car accident attorney take care of all of your insurance company contact. We know the tactics insurers use. We can deal directly with insurance adjusters and file your claim. If any insurance company contacts you, you can refer them to your attorneys and leave everything to us.
- Contact Tate Law Offices in Fort Worth – All Tate Law Offices car accident claims begin with a free, no-strings-attached legal consultation, and we never charge a fee until we obtain money for you. The sooner we start investigating your case, the better. We can secure important evidence before it degrades or “disappears.” We can also assist and advise you in the confusing aftermath of an accident and as you deal with medical treatment and recovery. Let us take the legal burden of this accident off of you so you can concentrate on your medical needs.
Contact Our Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers Today
Don’t wait to obtain experienced legal assistance after a serious car accident in Fort Worth, ouston, TX. The State of Texas has strict statute of limitations deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits, and insurance companies have ways of dragging their feet to delay high-value claims.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in the Fort Worth area, call Tate Law Offices or reach us online today for a free consultation about seeking the compensation you are due.
- Traffic Safety Performance (Core Outcome) Measures for Texas, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Texas Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics, Texas Department of Transportation
- Automobile Insurance Made Easy, Texas Department of Insurance