What do I need to apply for a motorcycle license in Texas?

You must first pass a training course approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety before you can apply for a motorcycle license. A written test and a road test must also be passed. A class M designation must appear on the license of anyone who operates a motorcycle in Texas. This law also applies to mopeds. If a rider completes the course for a trike or three-wheeled motorcycle they will be restricted to operating a trike. If an applicant doesn’t have a license and is between the age of 18 and 24, they must also complete an Adult Driver Education course.