What do I need to operate a motorcycle in Texas?

The following laws apply to motorcycles, trikes and mopeds. You must have a license. A motorcycle must be registered with the County Tax Assessor in the county in which the motorcycle owner lives. The motorcycle must have a registration sticker that is current and undergo yearly inspections at an Official Motor Vehicle Inspection Station. The certificate of approval must be affixed to the license plate on the rear of the motorcycle. A motorcycle, moped or trike must also be insured.