Odessa Car Accident Lawyer
Were you hurt in a car wreck in Odessa or the surrounding area? Have your injuries left you with costly medical bills? Are they preventing you from being able to work? Unfortunately, auto accidents often leave victims feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and confused. However, you don’t have to go through this difficult situation alone.
At Tate Law Offices, we are dedicated to providing you with the aggressive legal representation you need and the personalized attention you deserve. Our experienced Odessa personal injury attorneys have won over 99% of cases for clients just like you who were injured in car accidents and other preventable tragedies.
Don’t wait to get the legal help you need after a serious car wreck. Contact the experienced Odessa auto accident lawyers at Tate Law Offices right away for a free case review. Our team is available 24/7 to speak with you in English or Spanish. Contact us now to get started.
What Happens in an Odessa Car Accident Lawsuit?
Many car accident cases are successfully settled out of court and don’t go to trial. Nonetheless, if you’re not able to reach an agreeable settlement, a lawsuit might be the best way to demand the compensation you are owed.
To prepare for a lawsuit, each side will conduct an investigation to determine who was liable for the crash and the extent of the damages. It is important to understand that even after you file a lawsuit, there is usually still room to negotiate with the insurance company. Many cases settle after a lawsuit is filed.
However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, then each side presents arguments in court. The court then decides who must pay compensation and how much money they owe. This process might take several months or over a year, depending on the details of the case.
What Can You Expect to Recover in an Odessa Car Accident Claim?
The full value of compensation in an Odessa car wreck claim will depend on a variety of factors. These include the severity of your injuries, who caused the accident, and the amount of insurance that the negligent party has. Odessa traffic accident victims typically seek compensation to cover damages such as:
- Outstanding medical bills for expenses like ambulance transportation, surgeries, hospitalization, anesthesia, medications, and other treatments
- Wages lost while recovering from the accident
- Future medical costs, such as rehabilitation, therapies, follow-up visits, in-home care, or specialized treatments
- Specialized medical devices and equipment, such as a wheelchair, prosthetics, or a breathing machine
- Lost capacity to work in the future or earn the same level of income as before the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Replacement services for tasks the victim can no longer perform due to the injuries, such as household repairs, yardwork, and cleaning
- Loss of enjoyment of life, such as lost ability to participate in favorite activities like hobbies or sports
- Disability accommodations, including modifications to the victim’s house or vehicle
Additionally, if someone is killed in a car accident, family members might be eligible for wrongful death compensation. While no amount of money can make up for the loss of a loved one, this compensation can help ease some of the burdens of this tragedy by covering damages like funeral and burial costs and loss of the deceased’s income.
How Tate Law Firm Can Help
Trying to handle a personal injury claim in the aftermath of a serious car accident is exhausting. Some victims find the process so overwhelming that they just settle for whatever the insurance company says is fair. However, car accidents can leave victims with unbearable expenses and other damages for years to come. If you were injured in a crash through no fault of your own, you have a legal right to pursue full compensation to cover these costs.
At Tate Law Offices, we will handle all the details of your car accident claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Some of the ways our law firm can help include:
- Explain all your legal options and develop a strategy tailored to your specific needs
- Help you find the services you need to recover from your accident
- Gather all the evidence and documentation needed to support your claim
- Fill out all paperwork needed for your car accident claim and make sure the supporting documentation is complete and convincing
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf with insurance and any other parties involved
- Represent your interests in court if a trial is necessary to secure fair compensation
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim
Under Texas law, victims typically have only two years from the date of a car accident to file a claim. However, there are several exceptions to this statute of limitations. A knowledgeable car accident attorney in Midland-Odessa can help you understand which deadlines apply to your specific case.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Odessa Car Accident
Some of the ways you can protect your rights after an Odessa car crash include:
- Get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Don’t admit blame and don’t speak with the other party’s insurance without first consulting a skilled lawyer.
- Save evidence, such as the other driver’s information, pictures of the accident scene, and contact information for witnesses.
- Talk to a respected Odessa auto accident attorney as soon as possible to get started on your claim.
Contact Our Midland-Odessa Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you are suffering from injuries after a serious car accident in Odessa, Texas, contact Tate Law Offices right away. Our industry-leading car accident attorneys will fight for your rights and help you get on the road to recovery. Schedule your free consultation now.