Drunk Driving Victim Lawyer in Odessa
Every day, 28 people across the United States lose their lives in drunk driving accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This adds up to more than 10,000 people per year. What makes these motor vehicle accidents more tragic is knowing that they very easily could have been prevented had the driver simply chosen not to get behind the wheel after becoming intoxicated.
At Tate Law Offices, P.C., our Midland-Odessa drunk driving victim lawyers will compassionately guide you through the process of seeking justice against those who harmed you or your loved one. We will fight to recover maximum compensation for you. Our firm is led by some of the most notable Texas personal injury attorneys, including Tim Tate and Chris Rehmet, who are both members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor that only about 1 percent of lawyers across the nation can claim. We will use the same zeal and advocacy that garnered this accolade to help you pursue the compensation you deserve after a drunk driver hurt you or a loved one. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer If It Wasn’t My Fault?
This is precisely the reason why you should hire a lawyer. When another person makes the reckless decision to go out drinking and then get behind the wheel, you should not be responsible for the injuries you suffered as an innocent victim.
The dangers of drinking and driving are well known. Alcohol can impair a person’s motor functions, judgment, and driving ability, even at lower blood alcohol content (BAC) levels that are below the legal limit, according to the NHTSA. Some of the effects of alcohol include:
- Loss of judgment
- Altered mood
- Loss of fine motor function
- Impaired judgment
- Reduced coordination
- Reduced ability to track objects
- Slurred speech
- Blurry vision
- Loss of attention
- Slowed reaction time
- Difficulty hearing
- Reduced information processing ability
- Difficulty steering and maintaining a vehicle in a lane
When a person experiences these obvious symptoms and still decides to operate a motor vehicle, the likely result is a drunk driving accident that can cause the death or serious injury of others. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident of this nature through no fault of your own, a lawyer can help you seek the compensation you need for the damages you have suffered.
Attorney Chris Rehmet of Tate Law Offices, P.C. is a former criminal prosecutor who has sought drunk driving convictions against drivers on a criminal level. He now focuses his attention on helping civil plaintiffs secure compensation after drunk drivers have taken such obvious risks against them, a legal principle known as “negligence per se.” The act of drinking and driving speaks for itself. When people choose this behavior, they also choose the consequence to be held civilly liable for the damages they cause. An experienced attorney can help you hold drunk drivers responsible for their actions and help you pursue rightful compensation.
The Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
Your personal injury lawyer can tend to all of the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery. We can investigate your claim, gather evidence to support it, and negotiate for a fair resolution of your case.
We commit to do the following for all of our car accident victim clients:
- Work diligently to maximize the value of your claim
- Protect you from powerful insurance companies
- Seek full payment for all your medical expenses and lost wages
- Seek compensation for your pain and suffering
- Get your car repaired or replaced
- Obtain a rental car for you for free
- Provide you with doctor referrals, if needed
- Not charge you any attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf
What If the Other Driver Had No Insurance?
Even if the other driver had no insurance, you may still be able to make a claim. Someone else may have insured the vehicle, such as its owner or the drunk driver’s employer. You may also be able to file a claim with your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Our capable accident attorneys can guide you through this process.
How Much Will My Settlement Be?
The compensation you can receive from a drunk driving accident will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The damages you have suffered – You may be able to recover compensation for all of the out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred because of the accident. This may include payment for medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages. You may also be able to receive compensation for your pain and suffering and mental anguish.
- Whether anyone else is liable for your injuries – If a bar served an obviously intoxicated person alcohol or a social host served alcohol to a minor, you may be able to seek compensation against additional parties through .
- Whether you receive punitive damages – Punitive damages are sometimes awarded to drunk driving accident victims as a way to punish the defendant for their obviously negligent actions.
- The actions of the drunk driver – The actions of the impaired driver can help determine the extent of their liability. For example, an obviously drunk driver may be easier to hold accountable than someone who had one drink at dinner. Our investigative team will attempt to find the full extent of the driver’s intoxication as we position your case for maximum recovery.
The best way to determine the possible value of your claim is to contact Tate Law Offices, P.C. and speak with an experienced lawyer. We offer a free consultation to get to know you better and to advise you of your legal rights and options.
Contact Tate Law Offices, P.C. for Help with Your Case
If you were injured in a drunk driving accident or tragically lost a loved one due to the careless actions of a drunk driver, Tate Law Offices, P.C. is here for you. We will help build a strong claim on your behalf and pursue maximum compensation. We have over a 99% success rate and have won over 3,000 cases, including several multimillion-dollar awards for car accident victims.
Contact our Midland-Odessa office today to get started on your path to recovery.