• How do I get the most money for my case?

    Evidence is essential in order to get top dollar for an injury case. This means there must be proof of who was at fault for the accident and that the accident caused your injuries. Police reports and witness statements go a long way to proving fault while detailed medical records from qualified doctors (many times orthopedics or neurologists) are used to show the cause and extent of the injuries. We work to build a solid case in order to seek maximum compensation for our clients’ injuries.

  • Is there a benefit to being represented by a lawyer?

    Most of the time in an accident injury situation, an insurance company will be your opponent. Insurance companies are very skilled at denying or minimizing injury claims – that’s how they make money. Insurance adjusters regularly deny claims that should be paid, or they offer only a small percent of the fair value of a claim. Our goal is the opposite. We develop a settlement package presenting our client’s case that often can result in our client receiving 10 to 20 times more compensation than what the insurance adjusters might offer for their injury claim. In such case, even after legal fees, our clients can net more money in their pocket. Even better, we work on a completely contingent basis, so there are no legal fees unless we are successful in collecting compensation for our clients.

  • Should I talk to the insurance company?

    Do not talk to anyone at the insurance company. This includes their insurance adjusters and defense lawyers. Insurance companies frequently record phone conversations during which they ask leading questions designed to produce testimony that they can use to deny your case. If we are your lawyers, we will do the talking for you so you do not fall into the insurance company traps that are designed to decrease the value of your claim.

  • How do I pay my medical bills?

    Medical bills can be paid through various manners such as health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Personal Injury Protection insurance funds, deferred billing, and letters of protection. Depending on all of the facts surrounding your case and the insurance companies involved, we produce a strategy that we believe will best benefit our clients. Also, even if our clients do not have access to health insurance, we can assist them with getting medical care that is paid at the end of the case – which means no upfront medical bills.

  • How do I collect my lost income?

    Even if an injured person is not able to work after an accident, insurance company tactics are to disagree and assert that the person could work so the insurance companies can deny the claim for lost income. It is important to have a qualified doctor’s medical documentation that proves the inability to work for a certain period of time due to an injury. We work with our clients’ doctors and employers to prove the medical reason for not working and the calculation of lost earnings. This frequently results in a fight with the insurance company, but we believe that with solid evidence we are ultimately able to win the fight and collect our clients’ lost income.

  • What information should I collect after a personal injury accident?

    You should collect the names and phone numbers of any witnesses, if you are able. You should write down the police officer’s name and try to get the crash report number, if the police are involved. If you’ve been involved in a car, truck, motorcycle or pedestrian accident, you should take photographs of the vehicles and accident scene. If the other person caused the wreck you should ask him or her to write out a statement or give you a recorded statement on the voice recorder on your phone that they were at fault. However, your first priority should be getting the medical attention you need even if this prevents you from getting the information listed above.

  • What if I’m the victim of a hit and run car accident?

    If you are hit by a car and the driver leaves the accident scene you should try to get the driver’s license plate and call it in to the police immediately, if you are able. Even if you cannot get the license plate you should call the wreck in to the police and call your lawyer. If you or the car you were riding in has uninsured motorist coverage you may be able to assert a claim under that coverage if the other driver cannot be located. Your own insurance company will take an adversarial position to your claim so do not file the claim or give them a recorded statement without your attorney.

  • Should I contact the police after a car accident?

    Yes. You should contact the police immediately so the evidence can be documented and the driver’s names and insurance companies can be obtained.

  • Do I have to talk to the police after a car or other accident?

    Yes. You must cooperate with all law enforcement to the extent requested of you. However, if you are medically unable to talk you should request that you talk to the police officer at a later date so you can get medical attention. If you have time to talk to your lawyer before giving the police a statement that is preferred.

  • How do I determine who was at fault in my accident?

    You will have an opinion regarding who was at fault, but ultimately this is a decision for a judge or jury. Accident claims are settled or litigated based on how parties predict a judge or jury will decide a case. You should relate the facts of your accident to your attorney and let your attorney guide you on the best way to present your case.

D magazine logo

"Best Lawyers in Dallas" —D Magazine

Tim Tate 2011 & 2012

Avvo Superb Personal Injury Attorney

Tim Tate
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum logo

Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum

Top Trial Lawyers in America™ Tim Tate & Chris Rehmet Life Members
Better Business Bureau logo

Better Business Bureau

A+ Rating