Dallas Shoulder Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a shoulder injury in a car accident, you could be dealing with pain and costly medical treatment that could even require surgery, depending on the type and severity you’re dealing with.
Because we rely on our shoulders for many activities and arm-related motions, an injury could prevent you from returning to work for some time and could have a significant impact on other areas of your life as well.
If someone else’s recklessness or negligence caused the crash and your resulting shoulder injury, you have the right to seek compensation for the harm you’ve suffered and losses you’ve incurred. With an experienced Dallas shoulder injury lawyer like those at Tate Law Offices on your side, you could recover the compensation you need to pay your medical bills, recoup lost wages from time missed from work, and move on with your life.
We will be ready to discuss your case when you contact us for a free, no-obligation case review. Our team works on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you won’t pay us any fees unless and until we collect for you.
Contact us any time, day or night, by calling us, by chatting with us live, or by filling out a contact form today.
Types of Shoulder Injuries in a Car Crash
The shoulder is a ball-and-socket joint and is composed of the clavicle (collarbone), scapula (shoulder blade), and humerus (upper arm bone), as well as numerous tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
Shoulder injuries will generally fall into two broad categories, instability and impingement.
- Instability is when a shoulder joint is out of alignment which causes pain when you raise your arm. A common symptom of this type of injury is that it feels like the shoulder is slipping out of its joint. This type of injury is commonly reported by victims of car accidents.
- Impingement happens when a shoulder muscle rubs against the top of the scapula or shoulder blade.
Injuries to the shoulder can also be placed into three general categories: fractures, dislocations, and soft tissue injuries. These injuries range from minor to extremely serious, and often include:
- Strain or sprain
- Dislocation of shoulder
- Separation of a shoulder
- Fracture of the clavicle
- Fracture of the scapula
- Fracture of the humerus
- Torn ligaments or tendons
- Torn rotator cuff
Symptoms of Shoulder Injuries and Risks of Not Seeking Medical Treatment
After an accident, shoulder injuries can reveal themselves in multiple ways, including:
- Your shoulder is stiff and tender and hurts more at night and interferes with sleep.
- Your shoulder hurts in a specific location that worsens with physical exertion.
- You suffer pain when you move the arm in any direction.
- You notice weakness in your shoulder while performing activities that previously caused no pain or discomfort.
- You feel pain or tenderness in your shoulder when you reach overhead or reach behind your back.
- There is inflammation, tingling, loss of feeling, or weakness in your shoulder.
- Your shoulder area is discolored, pale, or has a bluish tint.
After any crash – and particularly if you’ve suffered a shoulder injury – be sure to seek immediate medical attention. Getting treated right away can improve your chances of a speedy recovery, limit complications caused by not seeking medical care, and generate a medical record. This is crucial, because the insurance company for the driver responsible for the crash could argue that any delay in treatment is a sign that you are not as hurt as you claim.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents That Cause Shoulder Injuries
Virtually any car crash has the potential to cause severe injuries to the shoulder. In general, the occupants of a vehicle could suffer shoulder fractures or broken bones in the shoulder due to the impact of the crash.
Other injuries include rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, shoulder joint or labral tears due to the instinctive bracing of your body for impact, the sudden, sometimes violent jolt of the impact itself, the instantaneous tightening of your seat belt at the split-second of impact, and, if you are in the front seat, the deployment of the airbag.
Virtually any type of collision could cause a severe shoulder injury, including:
- Rear end collisions
- Head on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rollover accidents
Once you’ve sought medical treatment for your shoulder injury, it is crucial to contact a car accident attorney right away. Your lawyer can investigate the cause of the crash, determine whether another party was negligent, and help you pursue the compensation you’re rightfully owed.
Compensation for Shoulder Injuries in a Dallas Car Accident
If a car accident has left you to deal with severe shoulder pain, costly medical treatment, and other unexpected expenses, you might be concerned about how you’ll get the compensation you need and deserve.
With the right injury attorney on your side, you could secure a settlement or verdict that provides you with compensation, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses, including emergency medical care, surgery, rehabilitation, assistive medical devices, and others
- Lost wages, including past wages and any decrease in your earning capacity in the future
- Physical disability or impairment
- Aggravation of a preexisting injury
- Damage to your family relationships (loss of consortium)
- Loss of household services, if your shoulder injury prevents you from performing duties around the house as you once did
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
While most shoulder injury claims will be resolved through a negotiated settlement and will never see the inside of a courtroom, it is crucial to hire a lawyer with the right experience and resources to handle your case. Don’t try to handle your injury claim on your own, and don’t trust your case to an apathetic or inexperienced injury attorney. Turn to a team that has the skills and resources to seek the full compensation you need to put this accident and injury behind you.
Contact Tate Law Firm for Help with Your Shoulder Injury Claim
The Dallas car accident lawyers of the Tate Law Firm know the wide-ranging impact that a shoulder injury can have on your life. We know that results matter, and obtaining this compensation is vital to your life and the lives of those who depend on you. That’s why we prepare every case as if it will go to trial, and we aggressively fight for the maximum compensation possible for your claim.
Call us, fill out a contact form, or chat with us live to schedule your free consultation with our Dallas shoulder injury lawyers today.