What if I’m the victim of a hit and run car accident?

If you are hit by a car and the driver leaves the accident scene you should try to get the driver’s license plate and call it in to the police immediately, if you are able. Even if you cannot get the license plate you should call the wreck in to the police and call your lawyer. If you or the car you were riding in has uninsured motorist coverage you may be able to assert a claim under that coverage if the other driver cannot be located. Your own insurance company will take an adversarial position to your claim so do not file the claim or give them a recorded statement without your attorney.