6 IMPORTANT ACTIONS TO TAKE AFTER A Fort Worth ACCIDENT
If you have been involved in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident in Fort Worth, you should take 6 important actions immediately to maximize the value of your car insurance claim or lawsuit case:
- Take pictures and obtain witness contact information — if you have access to a camera, take photographs of both the accident scene and the vehicles involved in the accident. In addition, write down the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. This information may be crucial to developing a strong insurance claim or lawsuit case. Also, call us immediately and we can photograph the cars and accident scene for you.
- Seek prompt medical attention — it is important to see a qualified medical doctor for treatment of your bodily injuries as soon as possible after your car wreck. This will also provide Texas insurance companies with the necessary documentation of your injuries for an auto insurance claim. We can help you locate a doctor if needed.
- Do NOT discuss the accident — do not talk to anyone associated with the insurance company about your case. Texas insurance companies are in the business of avoiding claim payments and they may attempt to twist your statements in order to deny you compensation. Remember, insurance companies make money by not paying claims.
- Do NOT sign any accident – related documents — you should not sign any document containing a release of your claims or give a recorded statement to anyone.
- Remember the insurance companies are not on your side — the insurance companies are your opponents after a car wreck in the State of Texas. They have teams of highly trained lawyers, adjusters, and investigators and may be working right now to gather facts about your Fort Worth car wreck in an attempt to deny or minimize the value of your claim.
- Contact the experienced Fort Worth car accident attorneys at Tate Law Offices, P.C. — call us for a consultation as quickly as possible. We can greatly strengthen your case by properly preserving the evidence and acquiring witness statements and affidavits. It is imperative that we contact accident witnesses as soon as possible before they forget accident details or the other side’s insurance company contacts them.