Dallas 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers
There are roughly 3 million 18-wheelers registered in the United States, and every year nearly 300 fatal 18-wheeler accidents occur in the state of Texas.
Even when 18-wheeler accidents don’t result in death, they can be extremely devastating for everyone involved. Catastrophic injuries and damages can result from 18-wheeler accidents, and they can leave the victims and their families suffocating under debt, stress, and strain.
If you have been hurt or if your loved one was killed in an accident involving an 18-wheeler in Dallas, you may be entitled to pursue financial compensation from those at fault for the crash. The experienced personal injury attorneys of Tate Law Offices, P.C., want to help you.
Contact us today for your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Do I Need a Dallas Lawyer If I Get In a Wreck with an 18-wheeler?
Accidents with 18-wheelers can be particularly devastating because of the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. Injuries and damages to property can be worse in 18-wheeler accidents than in regular vehicle crashes.
When you are injured in an 18-wheeler accident, it is imperative that you seek quality legal representation in order to seek all the compensation you are owed.
Insurance adjusters for the trucking company responsible for your accident will likely do whatever it takes to get away with giving you the lowest possible settlement – or even nothing at all.
When you’re dealing with mounting medical bills and injury recovery, you may be tempted to accept a quick lump sum settlement offer. However, an initial settlement likely won’t account for the full extent of your losses, including any future losses that result from the crash.
You should never speak to an insurance adjuster in situations like this without the guidance of an attorney that can advocate for your rights.
Why Should I Choose Tate Law Offices, P.C., to Handle My Case?
At Tate Law Offices, P.C., we believe no personal injury case is too big or too small. We will treat your case with the personalized attention it deserves and pursue justice, just like we have in over 3,000 cases.
We have won numerous multimillion-dollar settlements for personal injury victims, and we will not hesitate to utilize all of our resources to seek the best possible result in your case. In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t have to pay us a penny unless and until we win your case.
Tim Tate focuses on helping 18-wheeler accident victims achieve maximum settlements. He has been recognized by D Magazine as a Best Lawyer in Dallas twice, once for personal injury and once for tort and product liability.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Dallas
There are a number of common causes of 18-wheeler accidents, and one or more of these could’ve played a part in yours. Common causes of 18-wheeler accidents include:
- Tired, overworked drivers – Federal regulations are in place to prevent 18-wheeler drivers from traveling when they aren’t well rested, but unfortunately, these regulations are too often ignored. When exhausted truck drivers get behind the wheel, they are more likely to fall asleep while driving and cause serious accidents.
- Distracted drivers – Drivers may attempt to keep themselves awake and avoid boredom by listening to loud music or using their phones while driving, which can also lead to accidents caused by failure to pay proper attention to the road.
- Substance abuse – Drug and alcohol use impairs alertness, vision, and reaction times. No one should be using substances and getting behind the wheel, but it happens. Unfortunately, when truckers drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they put themselves and those they share the road with at increased risk of accidents.
- Improperly maintained vehicles – Trucking companies are responsible for ensuring their trucks are safe for the road at all times. This includes making sure cargo is loaded properly, checking tires and brakes, and other routine maintenance items. When companies neglect this duty, they put those who share the road with their drivers at risk.
No matter the cause, the attorneys of Tate Law Offices, P.C., can help you form the best plan of action for achieving your maximum settlement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work with Tate Law Offices, P.C., on behalf of an injured friend, loved one, or family member?
Yes. Many times when someone is seriously injured or incapacitated a family member or friend steps in and represents the injured person.
- Follow the recommendations of your lawyer and your doctor.
- Don’t talk to any insurance company or insurance adjuster.
- Let your lawyers do all of your communication for you to outside parties and insurance companies. You can talk to your doctor and the police when appropriate, but not to anyone else.
In the unfortunate event that you lose a close relative in an 18-wheeler accident, you and your family may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim. We know you and your family are hurting, and the compassionate attorneys of Tate Law Offices, P.C., can guide you through this process.
After an 18-wheeler accident, your health should be your top priority. First and most importantly, get a medical evaluation. Adrenaline after an 18-wheeler accident can mask early signs of injury. If you’re able, take photos at the scene. Keep all relevant medical and other records to build evidence for your case. Then, as soon as you’re able, contact the experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys of Tate Law Offices, P.C., to get started on your claim.
The statute of limitations, or the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit, is two years from the date of the accident in Dallas. Even though you have two years, it is in your best interest to start the process as soon as possible while you have the most evidence available to you.
Dallas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The Texas commercial trucking industry is unfortunately no stranger to violating safety protocol in the name of maximizing profits. According to NHSTA, of the roughly 4,000 people killed in accidents involving 18-wheelers in one recent year, 536 were killed on Texas roads.
In addition, Texas had the highest number of fatal 18-wheeler accidents of any state. Texas also had the highest number of total vehicles involved in fatal crashes that year. Many of the victims, 108 to be exact, were the occupants of the large trucks themselves, the highest number in the nation.
Contact a 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer Dallas at Tate Law Offices, P.C., Today
If you’ve been hurt in an 18-wheeler accident in Dallas or a surrounding area of Texas, you don’t have to seek justice alone. The Dallas personal injury attorneys of Tate Law Offices, P.C., are here to help you seek what you deserve for the losses you’ve suffered.
We can evaluate your case and discuss all the possible avenues of compensation available to you when you call us or contact us online for your free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.