- Take pictures and obtain witness contact information — if you have access to a camera, take photographs of both the accident scene and the vehicles involved in the accident. In addition, write down the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. This information may be crucial to developing a strong insurance claim or lawsuit case. Also, call us immediately and we can photograph the cars and accident scene for you.
- Seek prompt medical attention — it is important to see a qualified medical doctor for treatment of your bodily injuries as soon as possible after your car wreck. This will also provide Texas insurance companies with the necessary documentation of your injuries for an auto insurance claim. We can help you locate a doctor if needed.
- Do NOT discuss the accident — do not talk to anyone associated with the insurance company about your case. Texas insurance companies are in the business of avoiding claim payments and they may attempt to twist your statements in order to deny you compensation. Remember, insurance companies make money by not paying claims.
- Do NOT sign any accident - related documents — you should not sign any document containing a release of your claims or give a recorded statement to anyone.
- Remember the insurance companies are not on your side — the insurance companies are your opponents after a car wreck in the State of Texas. They have teams of highly trained lawyers, adjusters, and investigators and may be working right now to gather facts about your Dallas or Fort Worth car wreck in an attempt to deny or minimize the value of your claim.
- Contact the experienced Texas auto accident attorneys at Tate Law Offices, P.C. — call us for a consultation as quickly as possible. We can greatly strengthen your case by properly preserving the evidence and acquiring witness statements and affidavits. It is imperative that we contact accident witnesses as soon as possible before they forget accident details or the other side’s insurance company contacts them.
What to Do Immediately After a Wreck
Dallas Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorneys for Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents
In the aftermath of a Dallas Fort Worth car, truck, or motorcycle accident, it is often difficult to think clearly. Car accident victims suffering from injury or emotional shock may be unable to focus on practical issues, such as building a strong case for insurance claims and injury compensation. However, your immediate actions after a car accident can significantly affect the outcome and the money you may receive.
One of the most important steps to take after an auto, truck, or motorcycle accident in the Dallas Fort Worth area is to contact an experienced auto accident attorney. Insurance companies typically offer higher settlements to accident victims with a lawyer; however, not all attorneys have the experience necessary to represent clients in a Dallas car wreck.
The Texas car accident lawyers at Tate Law Offices, P.C., are dedicated to helping you obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries and accident-related losses. We understand the trauma suffered by Texas car accident victims and will protect your best interests in an insurance claim or lawsuit. Contact us today for a free case review.