Eagle Ford Shale is a South Texas area that stretches south of San Antonio, Texas, and north of Corpus Christi, and up to Bryan, Texas. The roadways in this region of Texas have become increasingly dangerous due to an explosion in population and traffic that has followed an unprecedented oil and gas boom. While this boom is great for the economy of the Eagle Ford Shale area and the state of Texas, it has not come without deadly consequences, largely in the form of fatal car and truck accidents on packed and deteriorating highways, which have in many cases become seriously ill-suited for safe travel due to the constant weight of oil and gas 18-wheelers and tractor trailers that are needed to haul drilling equipment and other items to and from the many rigs in this region.
Counties in the Eagle Ford Shale Area:
|Atascosa County, TX||Karnes County, TX|
|Austin County, TX||La Salle County, TX|
|Bastrop County, TX||Lavaca County, TX|
|Bee County, TX||Lee County, TX|
|Brazos County, TX||Leon County, TX|
|Burleson County, TX||Live Oak County, TX|
|Colorado County, TX||Madison County, TX|
|DeWitt County, TX||Maverick County, TX|
|Dimmit County, TX||McMullen County, TX|
|Duval County, TX||Milam County, TX|
|Fayette County, TX||Robertson County, TX|
|Frio County, TX||Washington County, TX|
|Goliad County, TX||Webb County, TX|
|Gonzales County, TX||Wilson County, TX|
Most Dangerous Roadways
According to a national poll of the 100 deadliest highways between 2004 and 2008, Texas roads ranked 13th, 14th, 41st, 68th, 80th and 96th.
Between 2004 and 2008 Texas highways endured the below accident numbers:
- I-35 had 579 fatal accidents on I-35, resulting in 659 total fatalities.
- I-45 had 325 fatal accidents that resulted in 388 total fatalities.
- I-30 had 179 fatal accidents that resulted in 201 total fatalities.
- I-10 had 502 fatal accidents, resulting in 591 total fatalities.
- I-20 had 337 fatal accidents, resulting in 390 total fatalities.
- I-44 had 7 fatal accidents resulting in 7 total fatalities.
Since 2009, Commercial Vehicle Accidents and Commercial Vehicle Accident Fatalities have risen in Eagle Ford Shale.
Between 2009 and 2011, the CMV accidents in Eagle Ford Shale had a 2% likelihood of being fatal. In 2012, 3% of all commercial vehicle accidents in Eagle Ford Shale resulted in a fatality. All numbers are compiled from the Texas Department of Transportation website.
Of the Eagle Ford Shale Counties, Webb county had the greatest number of car accidents in this time period, 2,015 CMV accidents between 2009 and 2012.
Top Five Eagle Ford Shale CMV Accident Counties between 2009 and 2012:
- Webb County, TX: 2,015 Accidents, 18 Fatalities
- Brazos County, TX: 460 Accidents, 5 Fatalities
- Colorado County, TX: 313 Accidents, 5 Fatalities
- Karnes County, TX: 249 Accidents, 5 Fatalities
- Leon County, TX: 244 Accidents, 8 Fatalities
Top Five Deadliest CMV Accident Counties between 2009 and 2012:
*likelihood of an accident to result in a fatality
- Atascosa County, TX: 9.02% of accidents resulted in a fatality
- Lavaca County, TX: 7.50% of accidents resulted in a fatality
- Zavala County, TX: 6.06% of accidents resulted in a fatality
- Madison County, TX: 5.77% of accidents resulted in a fatality
- Duval County, TX: 4.92% of accidents result in a fatality
Tate Law Offices is here to help victims injured in car or truck accidents, whether in Webb , Brazos, Atascosa, Karnes, Leon, Lavaca or any county in the state of Texas. Our personal injury law firm specializes in helping the loved ones of fatal truck wrecks and injured parties that are involved in oil or gas 18-wheeler accidents. We are members of The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, which is an organization that provides support and resources designed to help attorneys fight trucking companies in court and win fair settlements. Over 100,000 people are injured or killed each year in the United States while in accidents with large trucks, whether 18-wheelers, semis, or tractor trailer trucks. We help trucking accident victims receive fair compensation for their injury claims and we do so with diligence and dedication.
If you or someone your know has been injured in a truck accident in the state of Texas, please give Tate Law Offices a call to receive a free consultation for your accident by dialing 888-662-3892 to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to helping you start your recovery and reclaim what you’ve lost. Don’t hesitate to call now, so that you can speak with a truck accident lawyer regarding the nature of your injury case.